SEO and content marketing go hand-in-hand as one cannot be done effectively without the other.
If you want to optimize your website for the search engines, first you need good content.
Similarly, when creating content, you cannot ignore SEO and should follow effective SEO writing techniques.
Want to learn what these SEO writing techniques are?
Here are seven quick tips to get you started.
1. Use Keywords Strategically
The first rule of effective SEO writing is to use relevant keywords in your content so that it ranks for the right search queries. This, in no way, means that you should stuff your content with keywords, as that would reduce the quality of your content.
Instead, you should maintain a good keyword density and place keywords at strategic places throughout your content. Use a tool to check keyword usage in your content and maintain an optimum keyword density.
For the latter, here are some best practices that you can follow.
- Use your primary keyword in the title and in headings (if possible)
- Add your target keyword in the first 100 words of your content
- Apart from the main keyword, use keyword variations and side keywords as well
- Use long-tail, conversational keywords to also optimize for voice searches
These are some of the essentials that you should be aware of when optimizing your content for keywords. Other than these, it is also a good practice to build keyword